FNF Canada’s service will remain open and operational during this unprecedented time and we are committed to providing quality service to all our clients, while ensuring the safety of our employees and partners.
Our leadership team continuously monitors the essential workplace updates during these times. Currently, FNF Canada is considered an essential service according to the List of the essential workplaces released by Government of Ontario, and similar notices circulated throughout the rest of the country.
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are following the recommendations from global health experts at the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Public Health Agency of Canada on preventing the spread of the virus. As part of our Business Continuity Plan (BCP), we are taking all the precautionary measures to ensure the smooth functioning of all our services.
FNF Canada’s Commitment to our Employees, Customers and Partners
FNF Canada has a business continuity team responsible for pandemic plan implementation with executive membership and representation from all functional areas of our business. We have taken many steps to ensure that the safety of our employees, customers and partners is first in everything that we do.
- Our employees and independent contractors were provided information from the World Health Organization and instructed to follow guidelines for hand washing and social distancing.
- Non-essential face-to-face meetings and travel have been cancelled and employees are asked to follow all government direction regarding travel guidelines within Canada.
- Work from home protocols have been enacted with a large majority of our employees working from their homes.
- Access to FNF offices has been restricted to employees only with no visitor access.
- Strict social distancing guidelines have been enacted for our employees that are continuing to work out of the office.
- Additional office cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been introduced.
- Employees have been instructed to stay at home if they are not feeling well and to follow guidelines for COVID-19 if they feel they may be symptomatic.
FNF Canada’s Commitment to Continued Business
FNF Canada is committed to the continuity of all our services, and partnering with our clients to support the health and well-being of their customers throughout this period of escalated concern. Our commitment includes enacting the relevant sections of our Business Continuity Plan and Pandemic Response Plan while focusing on our customer service and business standards.